- This event has passed.
Return to Gold Mountain Tour
October 1 @ 8:00 AM - October 2 @ 8:00 PM PDT$300
Walk in the footsteps of Chinese railroad workers on this historic interpretive tour and teachers’ workshop through America’s Sierra Nevada mountains. Along the way, you will discover Chinese American history and visit culturally significant sites such as Summit Tunnel, China Wall, Bloomer Cut, and more.
The 2-day/1-night tour is organized by the 1882 Foundation in partnership with the US Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management. The University of California Davis History Project will also offer a K-12 Teachers’ Workshop as a part of this tour.
Dates and Inclusions
Fall 2022 Dates: October 1-2
Tour Start: Departing from the California State Railroad Museum parking lot
Package Price: $300 USD (double-occupancy room*)
- Guided tour of sites led by a California State Park Interpretive Specialist
- Roundtrip transportation from Sacramento, CA to Reno, NV, by private coach eastbound and by Amtrak train westbound (2 lunch boxes provided)
- One night hotel room in Reno, NV (double occupancy), all taxes included
- Admission to the California State Railroad Museum
- Meals not listed or any leisure activities (ex. shopping)
- Travel (before or after the tour) or parking in Sacramento
- Single occupancy hotel room adds $100 ($400 total)*
Use this link to register and pay to reserve your spot. Hope to see you in the Fall!
A note on risk and accessibility: This tour is conducted in English and includes extensive walking and standing, including hiking on rough paths or rocks. Translation or interpreting services are generally not included. However, we will take note of any accommodations you may disclose and do our best to meet your needs. Additionally, participating in any outdoor activity can pose an element of risk and you assume responsibility for your own safety and equipment.