The 1882 Foundation seeks to broaden public awareness of the history and continuing significance of Chinese Exclusion in the U.S. by encouraging cross-sector collaboration, uncovering and preserving community stories, promoting more inclusive histories in public education
Here's how you can get involved.
Apply for Internship Program 2023
- Talk Story and Timeless Echoes. Plan, prepare and present events for the public.
- Education. Develop & promote curriculum on topics related to Asian American history for K-12 and college students.
- Arts and Literature Corner. Share books and films about Asian American topics.
- Preservation and Community Engagement. Support preservation of historical sites such as the Transcontinental Railroad Summit site and urban and rural Chinatowns.
- Digital Archive. Assist with building digital collection of stories about the Chinese American experience. Work w Range 99 Chinese American Memorial, museums & historical societies.
- Conferences. Help organize and support regional and national conferences on urban and rural Chinatowns, buried sites, and Chinese American women in history.
- Other topics in our community initiated by Foundation staff or by you!
- Be curious, self-motivated, independent, and energetic.
- Clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Approach challenges openly, thinking about creative and collaborative solutions
- Writing sample that best demonstrates your research and analytical skills. Maximum preferred 2 pages, double-spaced
- Cover letter, outlining what areas of our work most interest you.